Hi everyone. I’d like to discuss one interesting idea which can help us to build sustainable ecosystem and solve some current issues.
As you know, waves allows to create new tokens easily, so we have a lot of them. Some represent real projects, some just test assets, also many tokens are spam and scam. It’s important to give users good instrument to distinguish between them. Real projects should be able to set some additional information like unique ticker and logos. Spam tokens should be quickly detected and banned in wallets.
Currently we don’t pay much attention to this question. And we don’t have good tools and procedures for this. Moreover it’s not clear who should do it. In fact Waves company position itself as software developer rather than some arbiter. So what if do something like community-based asset verification?
Now, if we think, some parties can create and maintain separate registries of assets and user can decide which one to use, or maybe use combination of several ones. Same tools can be used to create customized wallets with custom set of assets.
So what if we do following:
- Develop some protocol (format) which describes list of verified and scam assets.
- Consume this format in all wallets/explorers/bots to distinguish assets
- Give an ability for users to switch between different sources
Then we can see how it goes and possibly create some committee to maintain default waves community list. There should be some agreed requirements for projects to apply (e.g. informative website, unique name, etc…). Procedure may include community-wide voting or committee members approvals. It should also include some time period to allow others to dispute. Also I’d suggest to introduce some kind of fees here - project owners should buy and burn some amount of WCT to apply, e.g. 100 or 1000 WCT. I think this is reasonable.
Technically I see two ways how this can be implemented:
- As a plain files in github repository. We have such tools as pool requests and reviews here). It’s technically the easiest way.
- On some account in blockchain. Committee can create multisig account and use data transactions to store information. It requires some extra tools, but it can become interesting blockchain-based project.
What do you think about this? Any other ideas? Maybe someone is interested in it?