I wonder what the impact would be on Waves blockchain when a huge split occurs on the internet and seperate domains of the full nodes are running.
It got me thinking cause I read this article about russia doing a major disruption test:
I noticed that Russia has about 6.6% of all Waves nodes.
specific questions that I can think of for Waves blockchain:
- What is the overall impact on blockchain when an isolation occurs?
- What are the rules for full nodes when the blockchain is cut in isolated domains?
- What happens to blocks forged in both domains?
- What happens when the merging occurs of both isolated domains?
- Is the blockchain vulnerable for attacks when this happens?
- Do the miners earn profits for blocks forged during the isolation?
- Are the majority rules accounted for the number of nodes or the % of Waves stacks that run in one isolated domain?
Thanks for the answers
If these answers are clear, I would volunteer to create a nice whitepaper about the hardened structure of the Waves blockchain and how Waves will survive a major internet catastrophy.
ps. I raised this item on twitter and @wavesplatform asked me to raise it in this developers forum.