There is no Web 3.0 entry point

No entry point

Web 3.0 is good, OK, where is the entry point? And how does it look?

Seriously, i don’t understand the core feature of the Web 3.0. Where should it start for an user?

Let’s imagine the whole beauty decentralized application working on Waves Platform. It works technically flawless, everything is fine, except one thing… How the user start to communicate with the blockchain?

Currently we have nodes.wavesplatform.com entry point and other hard-coded or default stuff without which everything will fall apart.

There is no decentralized entry point to Web 3.0.

Am i wrong?

No fees for public traffic

For now i see only one decision for an app, to make a list of available nodes hard-coded in its code.

This will lead to a new problem. Such applications will parasitize on free resources. As the traffic grows, it will become noticable. The majority will shut down free access, or limit it. Noone should serve others for free.

So the second issue is here: all Web 3.0 applications are parasites in the current state.

Am i wrong?

5 Likes

The client and the keeper must receive data from the locally installed lite node :slight_smile:

Hi Dmitrii,

very good point, actually, we had a master thesis lately in which the student implemented a protocol that allowed to load webpages stored on the Waves platform. Basically, the idea was:

1. dApp developers can upload their HTML/CSS/JavaScript frontends to the blockchain.
  2. He has developed a protocol that allows to receive the frontend files from the blockchain.
  3. Browser plugins then implemented this protocol so that the webpage could be loaded from a usual browser.

Alterantively, the student also implemented an approach via proxies and a standalone browser (very rudimentary), but at the end of the day, the question is if frontends should really be stored on the blockchain.

Anyway, the solution exists, so if we want to continue that path, i would be open for discussions.

Cheers
Marc

The browser plugin as a so called lite node? Can you provide some details, it starts as a regular node with predefined nodes and then collects and stores peers at a local storage? Which protocol it uses, a node API or a binary node protocol?

But such a node would not be useful for the network in general and it seems the second part of the topic about the parasitizing on free resources, no?

Maybe its called lite node.