The Waves Association DAO: positioning and a roadmap
The Waves DAO is used as a service for making decisions in the Waves Association. Its main users are association members and external developer teams that want to be part of the Waves ecosystem by receiving funding or other support for building products in the ecosystem.
The DAO’s main task is to cover the widest range of the association’s processes, moving them to a decentralized framework. In other words, the DAO is becoming a CRM system for the Waves ecosystem, in which association members operate as task managers and external teams as contractors.
The DAO’s secondary task is to increase the blockchain community’s loyalty to the Waves ecosystem by offering it direct access to decision making: anyone could become the association’s member and take part in votes or, at least, observe the ecosystem’s development directions.
The DAO’s success could be measured by (1) what share of the processes is run through it (currently, it’s just one: grant distribution), (2) the association’s member numbers and member involvement.
- DEV: development on the testnet of “Special votes” on token verification on Waves.Exchange
- EVENT: running a vote on Web 3.0 grants on the testnet on March 16
- OUTSOURCE: DAO mass testing (for instance, by the community power)
- OUTSOURCE: DAO testing
- DEV: DAO testing completion
- OUTSOURCE: smart contract audit
- RELEASE: “Special votes” mainnet release
- RELEASE: DAO mainnet release
- EVENT: running a hackathon devoted to the Waves birthday
- DEV: development of membership functionality
- EVENT: vote on Disruptive Tech grants using the DAO
- RELEASE: mainnet release of membership functionality
- MARKETING: a campaign for attracting users to the association through the DAO
- DEV: release of custom Special votes on any topic under a selected template
- DEV: use of the association’s experience for creating a versatile DAO model
- MARKETING: positioning the DAO as a tool that could be used in outside organizations